Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Star Wars Galaxy Card Collection

My Star Wars Galaxy card collection began years ago. Series 1 debuted in 1993 or so. Series 2: 1994, Series ... etc. Anyway, Star Wars Galaxy Series 4 was released in late 2008. I felt obligated to purchase a few. The 1/1 sketch cards intrigued me. Unfortunately for me, I only found 2. One is a cut sketch card with a pair of lips on the back. In a few words: not too interesting. The other sketch card features a cartoonish Chewbacca. Again, not too interesting or, more specifically, not worth a whole lot. But, I have the complete base sets of Series 1 - 4.

I am also the proudish owner of a few etched foil cards and a few gold foil cards. Unforutunately, the gold foil cards are of prequel characters. I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars prequels. I find them crude and oftentimes offensive. They're like watching a cartoon. And they feature bad acting. There, I said it. BAD ACTING. Hayden Christensen makes Mark Hamill look like an Oscar contender.

And if you haven't already noticed, I'm struggling for blog material here. Star Wars cards? BAH! I have other items in my collection, sure, but are they picture worthy? I don't know. But stay tuned for the photographical documentation of my prized Burger King glass collection. I know you're all waiting with bated breath.

And I never drank out of any of them. I did once, however, drink out of my stormtrooper ceramic mug. Hey, there's an idea for more blog material! I'll take stunning photos of my ceramic mug collection!

Wow! Look! Star Wars Galaxy Series 4 Bronze and Gold parallels of Darth Maul, who is, perhaps, one of the most worthless Star Wars characters to date! Well, actually, I could say that, well, um, de dum dum. Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jar Jar Binks is the most worthless (and annoying) Star Wars character to date. I will be more than willing to revise my opinion upon the release of George Lucas' Star Wars miniseries. Now that's going to be absolutely grand!

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards. I am awaiting the BK glasses w/ anticipation. Now take me to BK!!! A hoo!

    ReplyDelete