Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slave Leia Gentle Giant Statue Original and Nude

My first statue purchase and by and large my favorite. It actually is reminiscent of Carrie Fisher, unlike my other pieces; although she has somewhat of a blank expression on. Then again, if I had to sit on Jabba the Hutt's corpulent stomach, I'd probably look blank, too, if not horrified.

The Gentle Giant prototype of this particular statue was a bit more risque and didn't meet Fisher's approval. I did recently read, however, that George Lucas presented Fisher with a fullsize nude statue of her for her 50th birthday. I wonder, no... Well, as Lucas does somewhat resemble Jabba the Hutt now, it makes sense.


And to think I was, once upon a time, a film major. Anyway, there's not much you can do in low light with a digital camera. But I promise, no kitchen sinks were harmed during filming. I, however, was. I hit my knee quite badly on the corner of a cabinet.

Oh, and a shoddy nude Slave Princess Leia statue from a shoddy amateur. I won't say much, but I will say this: it's harder than it looks. Some pieces weren't meant to come off. And rightly so, I should add. And I didn't destroy my original one.









3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your injury. What we must endure in the line of duty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mhhh....so sexy...and without her boots....she would be more excitant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I know this is an old post, but I'm about to start a nude conversion myself. Any last-minute tips? Like, mistakes that could/should be avoided? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete