Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Princess Leia Kotobukiya Model

My second purchase. It's not too interesting, but I'm usually a completionist. I must say that her arm was extremely difficult to place in its socket. I almost yelled in frustration. Almost. I fortunately remembered that I got it gratis. You know: free. I like credit card reward programs. A lot.

This particular model is composed of pre-assembled parts that you just snap together. Although, I must say, with the sometimes aforementioned difficulty. Also, you can throw this PVC model around all you want and won't have to worry about breakage.


Not that you would throw it but, of course, you could. Oh, yes, just threw it. It's absolutely fine. Absolutely no damange. And, what's more, I had a great time doing it. The arc was particularly impressive!

Speaking of models, I recently attempted to assemble a scale replica of a 1968 Hertz Edition Shelby Mustang. Disastrous.

Check out Kotobukiya's Slave Leia in action! Also see a portion of my kitchen sink! I don't know which is more entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Kotobukiya's Leia is actually my fave, i struggled a lot to finally get her. I live in Chile, south america, and as u can imagine, it's pretty hard to get some good collector's stuff here. Anyway, id love to add that GG Slave Leia, but hell, that's a major challenge. Hope that i can get one when i visit the States.

    ReplyDelete