Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Star Destroyed! The Lego Star Destroyer

That's right, I took this marvelous thing apart. I put it back (in its original box). But I did photographically chronicle the many, many, many stages of construction. I've included, here, a few of those many, many, many stages.

I put it together in one and a half days. It's noteworthy to mention that sitting for an extended period of time on a wooden chair makes your rear end fall asleep. The last time I experienced such a sensation was at a music circus. The Music Man was showing. Whaddaya talk! Anyway, director's chairs are not made for comfort.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable experience. However, make note: when there's an intermission, stand up and stretch!

I didn't during the musical. But I did during the creation of this plastic behemoth. I suggest you get up, stretch your legs, flex your arms, and have a glass of water every 15 - 30 minutes. And listening to music on the radio is also beneficial to ear health.

The finale! Bravo. Although I have to admit to myself, as well as you... I will not be putting this gigantic dust collector back together until I get a proper, airtight display case. An encore will be a long time coming, because acrylic shaped to fit something of this size would be mindbogglingly expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment